MIXING INSTRUCTIONS - Marineguard 8000
These mixing instructions are only recommendations. Please understand that larger mixes will cure faster and smaller mixes will cure slower. If your mixes are running hot, apply to your application quicker and/or mix smaller batches. (Weather alert! The heat will accelerate the cure and cold weather will slow cure).
- 1. Marineguard 8000 is mixed at a 2:1 ratio by volume or weight. It is recommended to mix a minimum of at least 50 grams (2-3 oz.). This weight mixture will help in avoiding curing problems. Small batches below 50 grams (2-3 oz.) may experience improper curing.
- 2. When mixing your resin, make sure to use a round container.
- 3. When mixing, always pour the resin into hardener. Hand stir components for a minimum of 3-5 minutes in a round fashion. Stir slowly to help avoid air bubbles. Make sure to scrape the sides and the bottom of the mixing container. It is very important that the 2 components are properly mixed.
- 4. Pour mixed components into another empty cup. Again, hand stir mixed resin for 3-5 minutes.
- 5. Let mixed components stand in mixing cup for 3-5 minutes. This will allow for any bubbles to rise to the surface. A torch or alcohol spray can be used to alleviate bubbles at this time.
- 6. This product is ready to use and can be applied immediately after mixing. You can apply with spray, brush and or towel. This product will self-level and penetrate tight crevices.
Please Note: Cure times will vary depending on mass and temperature. The heat will accelerate curing whereas cold will decrease curing cycles.
Full cure at the thin-film set is roughly 16-24 hours based on room temperature of 77F. For small castings and thin coats, full cure is typically 24 hours. Any sanding or polishing of a cured piece should be done after a full cure (24 hours).
PS: Would you like to contribute to our faq or community? Make a video documenting your project creation or educational piece, we would love to share with our community.
As a small business, we really appreciate your purchase, reviews, and referrals.