MIXING INSTRUCTIONS - Woodcrafters Epoxy Resin
WoodCrafters Epoxy Resin
Here is link to the instructions too.
These mixing instructions are only recommendations. Please understand that larger mixes will cure faster and smaller mixes will cure slower. If your mixes are running hot, apply to your application quicker and/or mix smaller batches. (Weather alert! The heat will accelerate the cure and cold weather will slow cure).
- 1. This resin is mixed at a 1:1 ratio by volume. If mixing by weight, mix 100/85 p.b.w. (resin/hardener). It is recommended to mix a minimum of at least 50 grams ( 2-3oz.). This weight mixture will help in avoiding curing problems. Small batches below 50 grams (2-3oz.) may experience improper curing.
- 2. When mixing your resin, make sure to use a round container.
- 3. When mixing, always pour the resin into hardener. Hand stir components for a minimum of 3-5 minutes in a round fashion. Stir slowly to help avoid air bubbles. Make sure to scrape the sides and the bottom of the mixing container. It is very important that the 2 components are properly mixed.
- 4. Pour mixed components into another empty cup. Again, hand stir mixed resin for 3-5 minutes.
- 5. Let mixed components stand in mixing cup for 3-5 minutes. This will allow for any bubbles to rise to the surface. A torch or alcohol spray can be used to alleviate bubbles at this time.
- 6. When pouring your resin into your application, try and pour as close to your piece as possible. Pour in a linear line so that resin flows from the front of your piece to the back. These techniques help avoid bubble entrapment.
Please Note: Cure times will vary depending on mass and temperature. The heat will accelerate curing whereas cold will decrease curing cycles. Large mixes/castings will cure very quickly whereas small castings/mixes – and/or coatings may take longer to fully cure.
Full cure at 50 gram (2-3 oz.) mass is roughly 16-24 hours based on room temperature of 77F. For small castings and thin coats, full cure is typically 24 hours. Any sanding or polishing of a cured piece should be done after a full cure (24 hours).
PS: Would you like to contribute to our faq or community? Make a video documenting your project creation or educational piece, we would love to share with our community.
As a small business, we really appreciate your purchase, reviews, and referrals.
The Epoxy Resin Store
Address: 540 Crane Street Unit A Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
Phone: (951) 677-0400
Hours of Customer Service: 8 AM - 4 PM (PST) Mon - Fri
Closed: Sat - Sun
We respond within 1 business day